Effective database design is a powerful tool for your business.
It will enable you to organize and access to up-to-date, accurate information efficiently. A properly designed database is essential to achieving your goals online.
The database design process includes:
- Determining the purpose of your database
- Locating and organizing the information required to be stored in your database.
- Dividing your primary information items into major entities, which will become tables.
- Transforming entity attributes into columns. Determine what information you would like to store in each table. Each item becomes a field and is displayed as columns in the table.
- Specifying a primary key for each table. The primary key is the column that will be used to uniquely identify each row of data.
- Creating the table relationships. Determine how the data in one table is related to the data in another table and create new columns or tables to facilitate these relationships.
- Optimizing your database design by analyzing performance, the output of the desired results and data integrity.
- Normalizing your database by applying data normalization rules to ensure your tables are structured correctly.
When you are ready, get a free database design quote or contact us to learn more..