What Is Website Maintenance?
Website maintenance is the regular checking and modification of your site to keep it updated and relevant with fresh content, product information, correct faults, improve performance and security. This should be done on a consistent basis in order to keep your website healthy, encourage continued traffic growth, and strengthen your search engine optimization and Google rankings.
Is your site getting updated regularly? Are you spending more than you should on updates? Does your web design company take too long to take care of your website’s requests for updates?
Website maintenance is important for any business, regardless of size. Your website is a representation of your business and it can have a big impact on how the value of your product or service is perceived.
Keeping your website well maintained is important to businesses in order to engage and retain customers. We help your business to get better results from your website, by researching, testing and learning about your visitors, to guide ongoing website improvements, which include powerful, proven methods of obtaining and converting visitors to new leads and sales.
Regular maintenance and monitoring of your website is critical for keeping your business online running smoothly.
Website maintenance covers key business-critical areas. These include content creation, quality control, feedback monitoring, performance monitoring, infrastructure maintenance, routine maintenance, change control and risk control. For security risk management, you should have a have a business-continuity plan in place for your website and ensure that your website has a backup and maintenance plan that is in line with your own business service levels, especially if you have a real-time or mission-critical website.
Eight Top Benefits of Website Maintenance
A well-maintained website attracts new customers and maintains the interest levels of existing customers. Your website should be customer centered and kept relevant by routinely refreshing the content and ensuring that customer contact points are in good working order.
Typically website conversion rates lag at an average of just 2.35 percent. To increase your website’s conversion rate, it’s important to know what works and what doesn’t with your audience. Your prospective customers have specific expectations, wants, needs, and pain points, so your website needs to inspire and make it easy for them to get what they came for. Taking into account your objectives, we analyze your site’s statistical data to achieve superior conversion results.
Search Engine Optimization
Website maintenance is critical to search-engine rankings. Websites with old content rank lower in search engine listings. Some search engines, including Google, check your page’s “if-modified-since” HTTP header to determine whether it is worth crawling. Failing to make frequent modifications could cause you to be pushed below active competitors in the listings and cost you business over time.
We’ll make sure your site’s on page SEO is taken care of and your website’s content will load quickly, providing a better user experience, while encouraging search engines to rank your site higher and help customers find your business.
Your website is a public reflection of your company’s image. A poorly maintained website with lots of errors, lack of functionality or usability, broken links, dead pages, and outdated information projects a sloppy company image and can cause business to decline over time.
By performing secure off-site backups of your database and file system, you’ll never lose your valuable work to server or database crashes again! We back up your site and database daily.
Website Security & Updates
Having your site hacked can cause significant damage to your business’ reputation. Losing customers is only part of the result. If you lose customer data, there could be legal ramifications and fines. We’ll keep your server, site, plugins, security patches, and content updated, so you’ll be able to sleep soundly. No nightmares, Guaranteed.
Enjoy the convenience of web experts available via phone or email. Website maintenance requests are typically handled the same day. With our decades of web development experience, you also receive the benefit of being able to have new functionality implemented quickly and correctly.
Your website’s up time and server logs should be continuously monitored for anomalies. There are always many bots (automated processes) crawling the Web looking for Websites to exploit. If not mitigated, these bots can cause a degradation of your site’s performance and consumption of your server’s resources. If the are able to locate an unpatched vulnerability, your site could be taken over, potentially causing you loss of business.
In addition to continuous monitoring of your website to ensure that it is secured and reachable, the following website maintenance task should be considered:
Basic Website Maintenance Tasks
- Create a backup of your entire website, including the database (if any) and make sure a known good version site is stored securely
- Check your pages to see if there are any broken links
- Remedy 404 (page not found) errors by replacing content or redirecting to the appropriate page.
- Ensure your contact information is up to date and valid
- Ensure that your website domain name is renewed
Website Maintenance for Performance and Accessibility
- Check the load speed of your website and ensure that nothing is bogging it down
- Test your website on all devices and browsers to see make sure it displays correctly
- Make sure that all of your forms are functioning properly
Website Maintenance for Content and SEO
- Have a content creation schedule for the regular posting of new and relevant articles, to keep your community engaged and encourage organic SEO traffic.
- Review each page for content accuracy, grammar, typos, and relevancy.
- Review on page SEO, content, meta titles and descriptions to ensure they are as effective as possible.
- Check your content pages and blog to see if there are any articles that could be updated.
- Remove any Spam comments from pages and posts.
- Check graphics and images – should anything be updated?
Website Maintenance for Growth
- Analyze website statistics from the previous month
- Review your website design and structure – can be it improved?
- Test and tweak popups, forms, and calls to action
- Review advertising and marketing campaigns to see if anything needs to be changed or updated.
- Consider whether a website design update is due.
Website Maintenance for Security
- Ensure that all website software is up to date.
- Ensure there are no discovered vulnerabilities in your website’s or server’s software.
- Ensure that SSL certificates are current and valid.
- Review your server logs and security scans and make sure nothing is out of place
Website Maintenance for Peace of Mind
Why not let professionals manage your site? Freeing you up to do the things you love, so you can focus on growing your business and enjoying the things in life that matter the most to you. This is what keeps you competitive in the marketplace and provides a better quality of life.
Regardless of your business type, taking care of your website ensures you will be able to get the highest return on your investment.
Our easy care packages are designed to enable you to successfully handle the updates of your company’s website. There are plans to suit every type of business.
Turnaround time is 1 business day for our website maintenance service subscribers.
Our website maintenance packages include:
- Upgrades / enhancements
- Continuous Website Monitoring
- Content updates
- Product updates for Ecommerce sites
- Feature additions
- Adding or modifying images
- Adding or modifying links
- Adding or modifying videos
- Adding or modifying PDF files or documents
- Modifying the layout, style of colors of any current pages.
- Search engine optimization
- Much more …
Or contact us to learn more about website maintenance …